Are the required facial masks creating “Maskne” …acne under the mask? Here are some suggestions to reduce breakouts and skin irritations.
6 tips to help prevent Maskne.
- Be sure to do a through cleanse in the morning and at night.
- Apply a facial moisturizer after each cleansing to restore the moisture barrier.
- Drink plenty of water, 6-8 glasses a day will keep your skin from drying.
- Sleep with clean pillow cases where your head rests.
- Work out a schedule at your workplace where you can remove the mask for 5 – 10 minutes every hour. This will allow your skin a break from irritation.
- Maintaining a healthy diet will keep your skin healthy too! Eat plenty of Omega-3 fatty acids to your diet. Foods that are high in Omega-3 include fish, like salmon, sardines and anchovies, also tofu, soybeans and flaxseed and nuts. Also, try to reduce your carbohydrate intake. Excessive carbs can create inflammation and cause your skin to breakout and become irritated.
Here are some resources: